09 April, 2008

Naked Truth.

Dear Unknown:


Okay, so I decided to be open minded and give this a shot. I know far too many of you are reading this just to be nosey. Don't get amped, its highly unlikely that you will learn anything new. I save that for those very close to me. Which consist of really only a couple of people.

Who am I? Many ask. I am her. I am an individual that is complex yet simple, harsh yet loving, outspoken yet shy, emotional yet withdrawn, sarcastic yet deep. I am distanced from many yet close to a few. When I love, I love hard. However when I feel betrayed I turn numb. I have the ability to turn off just as fast as I turn on. Many say I have a sharp tongue. I say you probably deserved whatever choice words came out of my mouth.

I have well had.. well hmph, one sibling. A brother named Jason. He was my heart. He was my biggest fan and likewise. He supported me through the most trying times and I gave him motivation when he needed it. He was the one person I never had to worry about turning his back on me. The most amazing character I've ever been blessed enough to love, share a childhood with, and of course learn many life lessons with. He is probably the only man I will shed a tear over. The day I lost him, I lost a part of me. I'm just now learning ( a few years later) thats its okay to cry. Its okay to be weak and show emotion. Its okay to mourn.


All my life I've had to be strong for my mother. I hate her for that.
I hate her for taking my sense to love away from me. I hate her for the lack of the support and the negativity. But I love her for giving me life. Which more or less negates everything else.

My father = my savior.
My children = the light at the end of the tunnel.
He = my refreshment, my equal, something to anticipate in the near future.


All this combined plays into me.

-- her

1 comment:

Gee said...

That's some powerful insight right there. I'm sure, this lucky guy will be your shoulder, your ear, your heart and your soul, whenever you need. Just like it's intended to be. But that's why, I love you the way I do.